Acupuncture is the insertion of thin needles into specific points called meridians or pathways located throughout the body. Current research has confirmed the existence of these locations that have been mapped by the Chinese for thousands of years. These pathways are connected to our organs, muscles, tendons and bones. Acupuncture stimulates and activates the qi (life force), alleviating the stress, tension or pain occurring within the area of treatment promoting self-healing. Ongoing research has shown the effectiveness of acupuncture in the treatment of numerous health problems such as:
- Allergies/asthma, Bronchitis, Colds, respiratory disorders - Acupuncture and herbs efficiently strengthens the immune system. This allows the body's own restorative ability to recover faster and have less frequency of illness from respiratory symptoms.
- Arthritis/joint problems,Tingling,Numbness - Try an herbal formula to promote blood circulation, dispel fluids accumulated in the joint tissues, to relieve pain, and numbness from acute or chronic rheumatoid arthritis.
- Back pain /Sciatica- Pain relief for back sports injury, car accidents, or general weakness are commonly treated effectively. We also educate back wellness through understanding body mechanics along with core strengthening exercises.
- Bladder/Kidney problems - These often occur after pregnancy, a long illness or general weakness. Understanding the importance of strengthening the Pelvic area is key to successful treatment.
- Constipation/Diarrhea - Healthy Bowels equals healthy elimination which is one of the important basic steps to maintain good health. Discover what you need to know about your diet, lifestyle and exercise to maintain a regular healthy elimination of toxins and waste from your body.
- Drug addiction/Smoking - Patients with addictions have transformed their lives with clarity and passion while experiencing less withdrawal symptoms, and cravings with intensive ear acupuncture, herbal recommendations and exercise.
- Gynecological Health and Maintenence. PMS,fertility,cysts,fibroids, fatigue, irregular cycles, unusual bleeding, menstrual pain, headaches, - Time and energy is well spent with acupuncture and herbal treatment for all of the above. Offer yourself intimate understanding with optimal female lifecare and wellness.
- Headaches/Migraines/Dizziness, HBP - Acupuncture needles release different levels of endorphin compounds in the central nervous system. Endorphins are natural pain killers in the body. It is this mechanism that is most widely cited to explain the effectiveness of acupuncture treatments in relieving pain, including headache pain.
- Indigestion/Epigastic Pain/Gas - Quite effective acupuncture and herbs is for this. We can help you have an easier relationship with your digestion.
- Insomnia - Another important basic need for self care and wellness is sleep. The body restores, rejuvenates and regenerates life force and energy during a restful night of sleep. Herbal and dream therapy with acupuncture can help to regain and maintain your sleep cycle.
- Back, Knee, Neck pain and stiffness from Car Accidents - Most car insurance companies cover acupuncture treatments. Give a call and we'll check with your company or come in for an evaluation and treatment plan.
- General Sprains and Pain in any joint (shoulder,elbow, wrist, hip, knees and ankles) tendonitis, carpal tunnel syndrome - Herbs and acupuncture and acupressure activates blood circulation to reduce pain and swelling in joint injuries to maximize your healing potential and prevent reaggravation of injury.
- Stress/Anxiety/Palpitations- Transform stress and anxiety to an alert sense of relaxation as your body and mind chemistry harmonizes with each acupuncture treatment.
- Weight fluctuations - Over or Under? Understand what your appropriate self and life image is with a customized treatment for your unique lifestyle.
Acupuncture treatments should not be painful and the needles are never reused. The number of treatments needed would depend on the nature, severity and the length of time you have had your symptoms or injury. Call 415-752-8100 or Email to schedule an appointment.
Western Medicine Reference